Pastoral CommitteeCaring for the people of God
Synod Pastoral Committee
Convener: Rev Jason McCullagh
Minutes Secretary: Ms Katherine Buckland
Ministries Committee Convener: Mrs Kath Lonsdale
Aire Valley: Vacant
Bradford + Saltaire URC: Mr John Rider
Central Area: Mrs Gill Chapman (Harrogate Mission & Care Group) / Mrs Sheana Dudley (Leeds Mission & Care Group)
SPACE Group: Mr John Rider
Eastern Area: Mrs Kathy Webb
Western Area Huddersfield and Calderdale: Revd. Justine Wyatt
Southern Area: Mrs Judith Garthwaite / Mr Trevor Orr
Aire Valley/Bradford: Vacant
Central: Mrs Terasa Raddings
East: Rev David Coote
South: Mr Rod Morrison
West: Cald/Hudd: Vacant
Retired Minister Links:
Aire Valley/Bradford: Mrs Valerie Jenkins
Central: Revd. Pauline Calderwood
East: Mrs Jane-Anne Frame
West: Revd. John Jenkinson
- To implement the Synod Deployment Policy
- To offer pastoral support for churches and chaplaincies
- To advise and assist in matters relating to establishing, grouping, amalgamation or dissolution of local churches both within the United Reformed Church and with other denominations liaising with other synod committees as necessary.
Range of Activity
- The detailed arrangements relating to vacancies and calls, such as: Appointing Interim Moderators, Grouping and Scoping of Pastorates, Declaration of vacancies, concurrence with calls, arrangements for services of ordination and induction, attendance at staffing consultative groups.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Ecumenical partners
- Meeting regularly with the Synod’s Ecumenical Officers for proper networking, support and encouragement.
- The working out of the implementation of the Deployment Policy
- Supporting the work of Mission and Care Groups in their pastoral care for the churches in the group.
Children and Youth