- This event has passed.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Training Session
November 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Online Training Session – Wednesday 10th November 7 – 8.30pm
Following many requests that I have received, I have arranged some training to be provided in relation to the (Disclosure and Barring Service) DBS.
This is completely separate to any training you may have attended provided by DDC (the company that oversees the checks on behalf of the URC).
This training session will be provided by Sue Davison who is the Regional Outreach Advisor for the Disclosure and Barring Service and nicely complements training that is being provided by myself in relation to safer recruitment, contained within the Intermediate Safeguarding Training sessions.
She will discuss various points including –
- Understanding more clearly the role of DBS
- Understanding the benefits of DBS and our churches working together
- To get a greater understanding of what ‘regulated activity’ means to our churches
- Understanding different types of harm
- To have an understanding of how barring works in relation to DBS checks and the importance of our duty to refer these concerns
- Have a clear understanding of consequences of various actions whilst in the workplace
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions that you may have and I will also be in attendance to assist with any specific URC questions.
To reserve a place please contact Matt via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Knowles, Safeguarding Adviser