At the beginning of July our Lay Preachers and Worship Leaders were invited to a Conference at Wydale Retreat Centre near Scarborough for a weekend of worship, teaching, encouragement and support. Kath Lonsdale, of the Planning Group shared this report of their time there:
“Megan Warner, our main speaker from Northern College, inspired and challenged us all. We were encouraged to re-frame the way we look at the bible, to be relevant today but also true to the context the bible passages were written in the Old and New Testaments.
Some who attended last year, returned again and others came who were new to Wydale but all appreciated the venue, the sessions and the time to get to know one-another better.”
Some feedback from the conference:
- It felt a safe space
- Helpful links between the Old and New Testament and ideas for sharing in services
- Made us feel part of the wider URC family
- Lots of food for thought – refreshing to have such open and real conversations
- Good to be with old friends and make new ones
- Lots to consider when we get back home
All in all it was another great weekend and much appreciated by those who attended.
Cover Photo – ‘Delegates in the frame’ held by Anne Dale and Rev Steven Knapton