Property CommitteeCaring for our buildings
Synod Property Committee
Convener: Mrs Val Morrison
- Mr Alan Anslow
- Mr Neville Brooksbank
- Revd. Annette Haigh
- Revd. Andrew Lonsdale
- Mrs Alex Jowitt
Revd. Simon Copley, Convener of Financial Resources
Committee Facilitator: Trust Secretary / Property Officer
The Moderator and Clerk are ex-officio members of all committees.
- Acts on behalf of Synod in matters relating to the purchase, sale, alternation, lease etc. of churches, church-related buildings and manses.
- Makes decisions with regard to alterations to church buildings under the agreed Ecclesiastical Exemption procedure for the United Reformed Church
- Provides a resource for churches on building-related matters and ensuring compliance with current legislation
- Monitors and oversees the programme of building inspections.
- Has oversight of property owned by the Synod.
Next committee meeting…
Children and Youth