Convener: Rev Jamie Kissack (Moderator)
Secretary: Mr Tim Crossley (Synod Clerk)
Synod Treasurer: Rev Simon Copley
Safeguarding Adviser: Mr Matt Knowles
Rev Ashley Evans
Ms Katherine Buckland
Mr Daniel Raddings
Conveners of: …
Ministries Committee – Mrs Kath Lonsdale
Pastoral Committee – Rev Jason McCullagh
Property Committee – Mrs Val Morrison
Safeguarding Committee – Mrs Ailsa Johnson
Children & Young People Committee – Mr Dan Morrell
Listed Buildings Advisory Committee – Rev Andrew Lonsdale (interim)
Assembly Executive Reps – Mr Tim Crossley / Rev Fran Kissack / Mr Daniel Raddings
Rep to the URC Mission Committee – Rev Barry Welch
Aims of Synod Council
- Acting on behalf of Synod between meetings on matters remitted to it by Synod and also for Synod, when quick decision or actions are required.
Method of Working
- Through regular meetings, sharing in the visions of the Synod Committees and enabling work to be carried out, holding in tension the priorities identified by national, ecumenical, synod and local church groups.
- By careful planning of agendas ensuring time for theological reflection and spiritual development related to ideas and actions.
- Supporting the work of mission locally by having confidence in the work of others, not taking responsibility inappropriately, giving practical support and letting go.
- Keeping to a minimum the time spent on routine and necessary business.
Next committee meeting…
Children and Youth